Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tyranny

So I relate, a story of my tyranny
and obtrusive onslaught of my closed heart,
a beating heart---alive still,
waiting for its break from
the shallowness of the mind
confiscating my sanity for the want
of an answer
to something I never dared  question;
but this has remained my reluctant learning.

I have become  stone
Indeed I had suffered
In my blind faith.

My Pain  ensued with the want
to dream and die in them,
so never might I face
it growing into another reality of
disillusionment.

Hostile became my soul to my self,
Tearing it between  conscience
Cruel exasperation.
Fits, never  rationalized
In my most primitive rage against
Time that reached me there.

My world, my cruel world.
I see you now detestable
You took away all the hope from me
Amidst all the madness
You defined me with.

Zeeba T. Hashmi

14th September, 2012
Lahore

No comments:

Post a Comment